District Saharanpur has all kinds of educational facilities e.g. universities, medical College, a large number of engineering and management colleges, law colleges, paramedical college and nursing schools, post graduate and graduate colleges offering graduation, post graduation and Ph.D. programs.
Besides the above, there are excellent schools affiliated to and following CBSE, ICSE and U.P. Board pattern. Here is a brief introduction of various courses and programs available in Saharanpur:
- Ph.D. : M.S. College, J.V. Jain College and Munna Lal Girls Degree College – all of them affiliated with Chaudhary Charan Singh University are offering Ph.D. programs. While M.S. College is focusing on Science subjects, the other two colleges have got facilities for arts side (Hindi, English, Sanskrit, History, Geography, Drawing & Painting, Political Science, Economics etc.).
- Post Graduate Courses : PG courses are available for science, commerce, arts, engineering, business administration etc.
- Graduate Courses : Besides Science, commerce and arts stream (Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Economics, Sociology, Political Science, History, Geography, Drawing & Painting, Music etc.), law, medical and para-medical courses (LL.B. / M.B.B.S./GNM ) are also available in Saharanpur. There are a large number of engineering colleges and business management schools for doing B.Tech., B.C.A., B.B.A. also.
- Higher Secondary Course : Under 10+2 pattern, there are scores of reputed schools affiliated with CBSE and ICSE and hundreds of schools following U.P. Board pattern of education. Most of these schools are running a Junior branch where Kindergarten students get their education.
- Play Schools : Play Schools – an idea evolving only recently is the result of parents’ inability to give time to their children so the children are sent to play school where they not only play but also get initiated to formal education.
- Dance, Music & Drawing Painting : While these classes are conducted by almost every Higher Secondary school as part of its curriculum, there are several dedicated academies in Saharanpur focusing on teaching dance, music and drawing / painting.
- Polytechnics : Besides Govt run Industrial Training Institutes (I.T.I.), there are institutions conducting diploma and certificate courses for different trades.
- Computer Training : Similarly, there are several institutions that run proprietary courses to provide computer training, web designing etc. Some of these are related
- Fashion Designing & Textile Designing : Highly popular among girls, this course holds a lot of attraction for many.
Students are advised to verify various aspects like the following:
- What is the status of affiliation of the institution? Is the institution affiliated to some university (like Chaudhary Charan Singh University, U.P. Technical University or or the Govt. recognized board?
- Is the institution approved by the Govt. recognized agencies like All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)? It may be noted that unless an institution fulfils mandatory norms (Total land area, built up area, basic infra-structure, laboratories, library, journals and number of books being subscribed, size of class rooms, educational qualification and experience of teachers, admission norms, salary being paid to the teaching staff are some of the concerns which need be addressed satisfactorily by an institution soliciting approval from this agency.
- For how many years the institution is running? What do students say about it? What is its national ranking?
- For how many years, the institution has been offering this particular course / program? What facilities have been added by the institution to be able to run the program?
- What is the status of placements? Are various corporate entities coming to the campus for direct placements?
- What is the fee structure? Is it too high or too low compared to the other institutions offering similar program?
- What about residential accommodation? Do you need hostel and mess facility?
- Finally, what is the report about discipline, standard of teaching, ragging etc.?
It is our endeavour to cover above points also while discussing various institutions. We also welcome reviews from the readers, specially parents and students if the same are based on their own personal experience.
We are attempting to provide exhaustive information about the institutions, courses and placement opportunities for your benefit in these pages. We also request you to submit your reviews on various institutions which will help your younger brothers and sisters seeking admission in one or the other institution.